Friday, May 27, 2016

Posing poppies and waiting on whirligigs


Well I didn't plan on more flowers after getting the dahlias last month, but there is something so charming about poppies that I find hard to resist. A couple of Iceland poppies from last year did really well with zero bug and slug problem, so I scooped up another Iceland and also several Oriental poppies for variety. They are a pain to photograph in the slightest breeze!


Iceland poppies


Pink and salmon Oriental poppies

As I was saying, I didn't plan on more flowers....and then my osteospermum Whirligig order (from April 9th on Amazon), arrived yesterday in the mail. Hallelujah! It must've literally sailed in on the slow boat from China. I hope these seeds...


...will turn out like these flowers.

That is, if they even germinate in 2-3 weeks.

Today's high: 24°C / 75°F

2 comments:

K and S said...

ooh you got the flowers I saw at the airport, those petals are so cool, they look like spoons:)

Rowena said...

Heehee, I have those babies in intensive care in hopes that something will come up. And if they do, I hope they'll turn out like the ones you posted on.