Friday, August 14, 2015

Finally, a little bit of rain

Just enough to cool things down and freshen the air a bit. After weeks of 90+ degrees, cloudless days and zero rain, the current "tizzle" feels like heaven. I'm up to the gills in summer harvests. When you pretty much pick the same thing 3-4 days out of the week, it's crazy how it all adds up because no matter how good you are at using up produce, a happy, well-tended garden will always give back more than what you put into it.


I'm always looking for "rescues" in the garden section at the supermarket. When plants are at the stage of being half-dead, they're discounted and I am obliged to save them. A little TLC went a long way with this gerbera daisy that I picked up for 50 cents!


Mister B gets dibs on all garden rejects, like this deformed purple carrot.


Never thought I'd be able to grow lemongrass/tanglad in Italy, but there's always a first!


Today's high: 73°F

4 comments:

K and S said...

so happy with your harvest! but glad you guys got some rain too:)

Michelle said...

It's great that you are up to your gills in produce, that's so much better than just zucchini!

Rowena said...

good year for everyone and I can only hope it'll repeat itself next year. Got some new seeds to try!

Rowena said...

All I can say is that my dogs (especially the dachshund) have no problem finishing off the grilled zucchini. If anything, I should keep them in mind when I start the garden next year!